The SAIL Teaching Framework

This is a condensed version of the complete chart, but it's a good place to start. Click for a larger view (and to download).

August 28, 2012

The SAIL Teaching Framework Interactive Chart

I have made many different versions of the SAIL Framework chart.  There are two images, one a condensed version and another a full version. There is a PDF version that can be downloaded. And I've finally finished my Web version, an interactive chart that can be downloaded. These links are all in the left sidebar.



You can see (and manipulate) a little piece of it in the window above. If you click the arrows, different parts of the chart fold in and out of view, up, down, left, and right. Use the sliders to see different parts of the chart, or just click here if you want to see it in its own window. The chart is a stand-alone webpage, so if you download the page or the source code, you can save it as a single file anywhere in your computer.

I wanted to make this version so that I could view the framework from many different angles, as it were. For instance, you can isolate just the "engaging" part or the "effective" part. You can see just the headings without the list of items, or see a condensed list of the items.

Whenever I explain my framework, I use this chart to take it piece by piece. Try it yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment